Orphan Care Sunday - Ways To Get Involved
We can’t do everything, but we can do something.
In Everyday Life
- Adopting Families: Look for ways to serve and support families that are seeking to adopt, are adopting, or have adopted. They often have extra expenses and need extra encouragement.
- At-Risk Kids: Look for those that have lost one or more parents and look for opportunities to serve those kids and families.
International Children's Homes & Support
- Rancho 3M Children's Home: Children's home and school in Guadalupe, Mexico. Donate or get connected. Contact: Todd Peterson Website: rancho3m.com
- Rancho Los Amigos Children's Home: Children's home in Cd. Juareaz. Donate or get connected. Contact: Dathan Nolt. Website: ywamepj.org
- Compassionate Hope Foundation: Initiatives and donations for orphans in Thailand, education funds, medical care, food, etc. Website: compassionatehope.org
- Mentor One: Volunteer as a mentor to at-risk kids. Contact: Jon Vogan Website: waysideteencenter.com/mentor-one.htm
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of El Paso: Website: bbbsep.org
Foster Care & Beyond
- UpBring: Foster care and foster-to-adopt. Can receive donations of carseats, infant clothes, etc. Website: Upbring.org (915) 598-5410
- Lifeline Children’s Services: Care for unadoptable kids that have aged out of the system. Website: lifelinechild.org
- Lifeline Children’s Services: International and domestic Website: lifelinechild.org
- ABBA Fund: Financially supports parents seeking to adopt. Website: abbafund.org
- Adopt U.S. Kids: Adoption within the US Website: adoptuskids.org
- National Down Syndrome Adoption Network: Adoption assistance and guidance for Down syndrome children. Contact: Gina Carow Website: ndsan.org
- Show Hope: International adoption aid for families. Website: showhope.org
Not sure where to start? Contact Joe Alcantar at the church office for help getting started.