Our womens ministry exists to help women at Cross of Grace disciple, and be discipled by, other women.
The ministry serves women in two main ways:
- First, we provide corporate events to gather and equip all the ladies at the church. We usually hold a major corporate gathering every winter, spring and fall with a few smaller events sprinkled in. These include our Annual Women's Winter Brunch in January, a special women's event in the spring and our annual Coffee Kickoff Event in the fall.
- Second, we facilitate small group Bible studies among the women at the church. These usually run during our Community Group semesters in the fall and spring and are held in various locations around town.
This spring semester we have two studies to choose from:
Adorned by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth
The Titus 2 model of older women living out the gospel alongside younger women is vital for us all to thrive. It is mutually strengthening, glorifies God, and makes His truth believable to our world.
Imagine older women investing themselves in the lives of younger women, blessing whole families and churches. Imagine young wives, moms, and singles gaining wisdom and encouragement from women who’ve been there and have found God’s ways to be true and good. Imagine all women—from older women to young girls—living out His transforming gospel together, growing the entire body of Christ to be more beautiful. This is Christian community as God designed it.
Read this book and take your relationships to new depths, that your life might find its fullest meaning as you adorn the gospel of Christ.
To learn more about the study or to get connected to a group, please visit the Information Table on Sunday or email Lisa Wilkins.
Encounters with Jesus
This study looks at different encounters individual people had with Jesus, Some of them are Adam and Eve, Moses, the adulterous woman, John the Baptist, plus more. The study, led by CJ Jacquez, meets alternating Saturdays from 8-10am. Meetings consist of a guided lesson with some group interaction and discussion. The class is for any believer in Jesus and those that want to learn about Jesus. Grace and encouragement to know and enjoy Jesus will be the emphasis. To learn more about this group, or to get connected, contact CJ Jacquez the group's leader or visit the Information Table on Sunday.
For those who missed or were not able to attend our very first Spirit LED Talk, we missed you! But there's good news! We will be posting the audio recordings from the event soon! We'll also be sharing the outline from Kristie's talk with the scripture references for everyone to have and share. Check back soon!
Also, here are the 5 Questions Dr. Tim Keller asks of a biblical text as he reads it for himself that we mentioned during our Talk.
- How can I praise him?
- How can I confess my sins on the basis of this text?
- If this is really true, what wrong behavior, what harmful emotions or false attitudes result in me when I forget this? Every problem is because you have forgotten something. What problems are you facing?
- What should I be aspiring to on the basis of this text?
- Why is God telling me this today?
Great News! Pastor Ricky's teaching from our women's seminar on biblical womanhood is available to listen or download on our sermons page. Everything we believe and do as a Women's ministry builds off of this foundational teaching so if you weren't able to attend or need help understanding how women uniquely display the image of God, we invite you to check it out!
Have further questions about our Women's Ministry? Send us an email!