Our womens ministry exists to help women at Cross of Grace disciple, and be discipled by, other women.
The ministry serves women in two main ways:
- First, we provide corporate events to gather and equip all the ladies at the church. We usually hold a major corporate gathering every winter, spring and fall with a few smaller events sprinkled in. These include our Annual Women's Winter Brunch in January, a special women's event in the spring and our annual Coffee Kickoff Event in the fall.
- Second, we facilitate small group Bible studies among the women at the church. These usually run during our Community Group semesters in the fall and spring and are held in various locations around town.
OUR FALL WOMEN'S STUDY GROUPS:
1. Sermon on the Mount by Jen Wilkin Study - What does it mean to be a citizen of the kingdom of Heaven? Matthew's gospel opens with three chapters containing Jesus' longest recorded message – a sermon given to His disciples early in His ministry to articulate what the life of a Christ-follower would look like. It was a message intended to turn upside down every expectation His closest followers might have. Both practical and profound, the sermon asks of us the same questions it posed to its original hearers: How should a disciple relate to sin? To others? To the Law? How does a disciple think, speak, and act? What is the nature of true righteousness? Learn the answers to all these questions and more in this 9 week study.
2. Encounters with Jesus - This study focuses on different encounters individuals had with the Lord Jesus in the Bible. Some of them are: the bleeding woman; Mary and Martha, and Lazarus; Mary Magdalene; the adulterous woman; the lame/paralytic man in Mark 2, the man who lived in the tombs, and the man with leprosy. This study has no homework, is very guest friendly, and great for both longtime Christians and for visitors or new believers. It meets alternating Saturday mornings. For more information or to get connected to the group, please contact the group leader here.
3. This Changes Everything, A Study for Teenage Girls - The teen years have been hijacked by fashion, music, movies and games; by the pressures of schools, peers and society; and by superficial expectations set by the world. But there is something more glorious than all these influences that has the power to change the life of a teenager: the gospel. Written by a teenager for teenagers, This Changes Everything is a deeply theological yet practical and accessible book on how the gospel radically transforms every aspect of the teen years, including pursing relationships, managing time, combating personal sin, and cultivating healthy habits. In a culture awash with low expectations for young people, this book exhorts teenagers to embrace a gospel centered perspective on their lives and pursue wholehearted devotion to Christ now.
CLICK HERE TO SEE A COMPLETE LIST OF ALL OUR STUDY GROUPS OR TO GET CONNECTED! You can also visit our Information Table on Sunday to see a map of our groups and to get connected.
Have further questions about our Women's Minsitry? Send us an email!